Closing Date : 07/05/2017
Department : Terminal Operations
Playing a key role in the delivery of exceptional customer service at all times, the Airport Ambassador will positively manage customer expectations, co-ordinate passenger flow management in various areas of the terminal and provide information and assistance to customers and passengers.
• Check-in passenger queue management and flow control.
• Arriving passenger management.
• Security: General preparation of passengers prior to entering the Security Area
• Handle varied passenger queries and assist with general way finding.
• Communicate and report to the Terminal Team any operational issues or events, failed service levels or inadequate provision of flight information.
• Assist, as directed, during any periods of irregularity.
• General vigilance around the Terminal building.
Qualifications and experience
• Previous experience of working in a dynamic customer service environment, with experience of handling challenging customer situations is preferable.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to deliver information quickly and accurately.
• Excellent organisational skills are essential.
• Confident in engaging people face to face, sometimes in pressurised situations, while maintaining high levels of customer service.
• Knowledge of a second language is desirable.
• Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative as the situation requires is essential.
• Good geographical and local knowledge is preferred.
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office Applications).
Framework and boundaries
This role plays a key part in the efficient delivery of the terminal operation and in maintaining a positive image for Aberdeen International Airport.
Working with and communicating with the Terminal Team, stakeholders and business partners across the terminal.
Contact: 0141 842 7646 between 9am and 5pm or email: email@example.com.